Thursday, January 20, 2011

Old Town Sushi @ San Mateo

My mom heard about Old Town Sushi in San Mateo and said that we had to go. She heard that the sushi/sashimi was fresh, big portions and a great price. I didn't dare argue that we shouldn't go. Old Town Sushi is everything she said. The sushi/sashimi were uber fresh, and were a decent size cut (I had a good bite when I bit down on it.) The price was great too, totally affordable. The uni HUGE! They put like two-three layers on that sucker. I saw that someone right next to us ordered the "Lion King Roll" it takes about 4-6 people to finish it. I was full just looking at it. I definitely recommend this place, however the place is really small and apparently gets really packed. We definitely ate more than you see here, I just forgot to take pictures and went straight to the eating :p

Hamachi Kama 

Sashimi Combo - 30 pieces
[yellow tail, tuna, toro, white fish, salmon, amebi, tako, squid]
all of this for $30, what a steal! what's great is that when you get the amebi they fry the head too, yums!  

Dragon Roll
had to take this home, because we were so full from everything else. still good at home though 

Uni
yes it is massive! $7 each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?