Saturday, January 1, 2011

Grimaldi's @ NYC [Brooklyn]

I think during my stay on the east coast I had pizza every two days. You would think that I would tire of it, but that wasn't the case. The pizza was just that great. So there's a battle in NYC as to who has the best pizza, Grimaldi's in Brooklyn or Lomardi's in SoHo. First stop was Grimaldi's. We did the typical tourist thing which was walk across the Brooklyn Bridge then to eat at Grimaldi's after we burned some calories. We arrived at an off-time, around 3pm, which was perfect because it was after the lunch rush and our wait was only 10 minutes. Sweet!

Outcome: The initial bite of the pizza was great. It came straight from the oven to our table piping hot - I almost burned my tongue. I liked the dough, and the cheese was great. However, when I moved onto my second slice, it just wasn't that good enough. My jaw began to hurt because the dough was too chewy, and there wasn't enough sauce on the pizza. So it wasn't worth the walk across the bridge to eat at Grimaldi's, and if I had to wait 2 hours in line for it, it wouldn't cut it either. I did find later in the week that Lombardi's was tons better. More on that in a later post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?