Sunday, January 30, 2011

El Farolito Taqueria @ SF

Mexican food! I know I don't post much of it on my blog, but that's cause I'm really picky. I've had good Mexican food in Mexico, and prior to that Central California where there are some really amazing eateries for cheap. My fav is crunch tacos, I really love crunchy tacos, and I know that crunchy tacos aren't really authentic, but still my fav. While El Farolito does not have crunchy tacos, their food was damn good. Portions are HUGE and prices are cheap. The familia from NY was visiting and they wanted "authentic" Mexican food. I forewarned that authentic would be better than anything they ever had in NY, and that it would be dirty, small and probably no table service. After dinner my aunt goes, "when I said authentic, I didn't mean that authentic. But that was good :)"

I didn't order their burritos which is on the 7x7 list, because I wasn't that hungry and the burrito looked huge. I opted for the enchiladas, which is my next favorite after crunchy tacos. So goood!!!!

Chicken Quesadilla 
[grilled chicken, sour cream and cheese] 
huge and i love how the tortilla is grilled til crunchy

Enchilada Combo
[one carne asada and one chorizo]
the enchilada were amazing. i haven't had enchilada's this good except in Central Cali in towns such as Delano. i loved the chorizo because it had a nice spice to it and wasn't too greasy. i really liked the sauce too, truly authentic and again not too greasy. the whole thing didn't taste like lard, which is what mexican food tastes like sometimes. rice and beans were good too, but i barely touched them because there was so much food

Carne Asada Super Nachos
[beans, melted cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and jalopenos]
this really was super. it was huge! no way one person can eat this by themselves as it's main entree. so much toppings. really yummy. need to work out afterwards

the tortilla chips at El Farolito were really good. nice and thick with a good crunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?