Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bun Xeo @ my home

Haven't displayed mom's cooking in awhile, and that was mostly due to the fact that I wasn't eating at home all that much a few months ago with all the traveling and all. Mom made bun xeo awhile back ago, and yum! Fav of my bro and I. Bun xeo is a vietnamese omelet, where the shell is not made of eggs but this flour mixture and tumeric that makes it yellow. Inside there are onions, bean sprouts, pork and shrimp. You can technically add whatever you want, but that's how we make it at home. I love how the skin is super crispy, it's amazing you really need to try it. I've seen it on menus at various Vietnamese restaurants and they usually charge around $10-$12 which is insane considering the ingredients are cheap, and restaurants normally fill it with mostly vegetables.

Batter for the crepe - yellow via tumeric powder 

Broiled Pork Belly 

Yellow Onion 

Shrimp 

Cooking.... 

Voila! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?