Saturday, January 1, 2011

Matchbox @ DC

Matchbox was ranked very high on Yelp, so of course I wanted to try. Funny thing is that I asked my friend Salami what we should eat when we were around the Capitol and he recommended Matchbox as well. It took a 20 minute or so walk from the Capitol to go to DC's Chinatown. Before I discuss what we ate at Matchbox, I need to say that DC's Chinatown is the cleanest Chinatown I've ever seen. Additionally each store had chinese characters to indicate it's name in Chinese. I knew immediately this wasn't a "real" Chinatown, it was too good too be true. In my opinion it was congress' creation.

So the food at Matchbox was delicious. I knew we had to order the mini sliders, highly recommended, and we decided on a pizza. Both were great! Fresh flavors, bold flavors and really did the tummy well.



Mini Burgers
[hand-pattied certified angus beef / toasted brioche / pickles / onion straws w. gouda cheese] 
yumsies! these were the best sliders i've ever had. i loved the onion straws too, they were so light, it was like you were eating air

Matchbox Meat
[pepperoni / spicy italian sausage / crispy bacon /
zesty tomato sauce / mozzarella]
i love east-coast pizza. it really is great pizza. the crust is a perfection of crispy and dough. doesn't hurt my jaw. good amount of cheese and meat. yums! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?