Monday, July 20, 2009

Okazuya & Deli Honokowai @ Maui

I've previously had a post on hawaiian drive inn, and how delicious and juicy the chicken katsu with rice and macaroni salad is. Well...one can never truly know how good hawaiian drive inn is, or just plate lunches that the locals eat, until you eat in hawaii. First meal after we checked in was plate lunch at this local dive named Okazuya. This place is a small mom and pop place, and basically has no seating area, except for one table along the wall and three tables outside. We've gone to this place each time we're in Maui. It's near the Kannapali side of Maui, and we're staying @ the Westin. I got the Chicken Katsu, and the portions were so huge I could not finish it. Chicken Katsu was fried perfectly - crunchy, juicy and seasoned very well. Love love love....love the macaroni salad, it's unlike american macaraoni salad, and I don't know how to describe it. hmmmm....yummy in my tummy! but...in a little bit, I think I will have to go jogging across the beach just to work it off. But I wonder what's for dinner?!?!


Hawaiian Plate: Scop of rice, chicken katsu, scoop of macaroni salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?