Monday, July 13, 2009

Double Standards

This will be my first entry where we will be taking a detour where instead of "Penguin Eats," it'll be "Penguin Thinks," and there will be no food involved.

Today I was watching "Secret Life of American Teenager" on ABC Family, yes I am 24 years old and I am watching a tween show. I have to say that it is pretty addicting, especially since no thinking is generally involved. However, today the thought crossed my mind, as I am sure it does to some people also from time to time: Why is it much more worse when a mother leaves or abandons a child, than the father doing it? Shouldn't it be equally as bad, either way you're abandoning a child that is in essence part of you. I asked my mom this question in Chinese, and she responds "it's worse for a woman to do it, because that child 'came out of you.'" Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?