Saturday, July 11, 2009

Kana Japanese Cuisine @ Westlake

Went to lunch with the grams and the bro today. I really wanted to take them to Tani's at Westportal which has amazing Japanese curry. Unfortunately they were closed, like any other mom and pop restaurant that closes whenever they want, so we had to opt to eat something else in the vicinity. I told grams that we were going to go get Japanese, and she seemed to like the idea, so naturally we tried to find something that was Japanese. Saw this restaurant, Kana, at the shopping center and decided to try it. The food wasn't bad, but it was definitely overpriced for what it was, and more importantly it was owned by Chinese people. Need I say more? Next time I will try Tani's again. Obviously I tend to forget to take pictures of my food before I start eating them, and I dont have what grams and bro ate because they dug right into it immediately. Grams ordered beef udon, she seemed to like it but the soup was lacking in flavor, but she likes things more bland anyways. Bro got a 3 item combo: beef teriyaki, cali roll and shrimp tempura. It was ok...we will definitely not be eating at this place again.

Katsu Don
[pork tonkatsu with egg over rice]
This wasn't that bad...but it wasn't that great either because there wasn't anything special about it. The pork was a little tough to eat. I've definitely had better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?