Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Brothers (korean bbq) @ Richmond

Family and I went out for dinner tonight because he turned 19, yes my brother turned 19...man this penguin is getting OLD. We went out to Korean BBQ, and naturally we went to Brother's on Geary. My family and I have been going out to Korean BBQ since I've been 10. We are avid meat eaters, and my gramps...well he LOVED meat, he once ordered a steak raw, when he meant rare, and the waiter stared at him. We use to go to the place by the Jack-in-the-Box on Geary, but for some reason, I don't remember why, that place sucked and we found Brothers further up Geary. Brothers had two restaurants, Brothers and Brothers II. We normally go to Brothers II, but I think the economy hasn't been too great and they needed to shut it down. Funny story though, I called making a reservation at Brothers II yesterday, and they accepted my reservations, and when we went there today it was closed. We walked one block down and ate at Brothers instead.

The dishes at this place use to be $10, but now it's roughly $23 an order. We ordered 5 orders of beef with spareribs and one order of chicken thighs. They gave us plenty mini dishes and actually gave us a pot of soup on the house. The soup was a spicy tofu soup, my dad's favorite, and the one picture I have is blurry. Sorry! I love Korean BBQ in Los Angeles because they have all you can eat for less than $20, but in SF that idea just doesn't exist (more on LA Korean BBQ in a few weeks when I go). Also in LA, they provide the rice noodles, because I like to wrap my meat in the rice noodles :) Either way, this place is really good, the meat is well marinated and there are tons of mini dishes!

Complimentary mini dishes
[seaweed, marinated seaweed, jello with sauce, spicy daikon, cucumbers, red leaf lettuce, soy bean paste...etc..etc]

Marinated Fish Cake or Bean Curd
i can't figure out if this is a fish cake or a bean curd...either way it's my FAVORITE mini dish.

Kalbi w/ ribs attached

Meat on the grill
going korean bbq with my mom is the best BECAUSE she does all the cooking, and she always cooks it well :)

Complimentary Spicy Tofu Soup
sorry it's blurry

My creation: red leaf lettuce, rice, kalbi and soy bean paste

chicken, rice and kalbi

Soy Bean Paste
brings the flavor of the meat out and then adds something more

Complimentary Rice Dessert
after all that meat and all that bbq, this little bowl of rice water with sugar (something) is very refreshing and cleans the palate

Happy BIRTHDAY!
Black Forest Cake from Sheng Kee on Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?