Tuesday, March 23, 2010

JP One @ Hong Kong (Mei Foo)

What do asians eat for breakfast? Come on, you know the answer to that! It's jook! Congee! Poridge! Rice soup water. Hahahaha. Mom and I had to go find jook the next day. We stumbled to JP One and thankfully the menu was in Chinese and English and had pictures! We ordered normal food, because I tend to know what I like, and I like to eat what I like. Really good jook and I was way impressed. It was better than the best jook I had in the states. Everything was so CHEAP TOO! The whole thing was for less than $5USD. INSANE! By the way I divide everything by 8, which is an over estimate, but I rather be safe than sorry.

Pork Blood Jook
[exactly what it is]
yuck! this is not something i like, but mom does, still ick!


Tang Jie Jook
[pork, squid, pork skin, peanuts, jellyfish]
so good! so fresh!!!! it's like the stewed the jook until the rice is like completely gone, and it's all soo good

Ja Lerng
[chinese fried donut wrapped in rice noodles]
the donut was fresh, you can definitely taste that, but it was missing something. the sauce was on the side, but it was too plain. like i needed some scallions and dried shrimp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?