Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Winship Restaurant @ Sausalito

I had this genius idea awhile ago where Panda and I would rent bikes, bike across the Golden Gate Bridge and then down to Sausalito where we would enjoy a nice meal and then take the ferry back to SF. I didn't think the idea out clearly. First, it's been about 10+ years since I've been on a bicycle. Second, tourist/people do not stick to one side on the bridge so it means I will run into people. Third, the route to Sausalito is steep and curvy. Fourth, the route does not have a bike lane. By the time we made it to Sausalito, and that means I stopped along the side of the road for awhile in tremendous fear, I was in dire need of alcohol and food. I didn't look to see where we should eat, which is something I usually do. Came across Winship Restaurant which is right off the main road. Went in, didn't care. Wanted a beer. Food, sure why not. The menu wasn't extensive, nothing looked tasty at all. Settled on calamari and croissant sandwich. Overall: meh, best to find better dinning options in the future.

Calamari
had better elsewheres. kind of meek and flavorless. 

Smoked Turkey Breast on Croissant
[Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, mayo and seasoned french fries]
it did the job. nothing spectacular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?