Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Voodoo Doughnut @ Portland

The one thing I knew about Portland, before doing any food research is Voodoo Doughnut! I knew I had to go. I heard that the line was insane, but I'm used to waiting for food. I wait 30 minutes or so in line for cupcakes in Sprinkles, so why not a doughnut :P Fortunately, there was a minimal line when I went, only 5 minutes! Score! There's a little window where you can peek into the kitchen when you wait outside, and inside is tiny. The doughnuts are affordable, about a dollar or so, there aren't crazy prices with this gourmet food unlike the other ones. Apparently one doughnut will set you back a few thousand calories or so, eeeeek. Good thing I went on those Hill Walks later, where I burned probably half a doughnut. Ha!











Apple Fritter
HUGE! too sweet for panda me thinks

Arnold Palmer
[cake donut, with lemon frosting and sprinkle some tea]
ok nothing spectacular

Old Dirty Bastard
[Raised yeast doughnut with chocolate frosting, Oreo’s and peanut butter]
this was to die for. the doughnut was so light, and the chocolate, oreo and peanut butter was perfect compliment. sweet with a nice saltiness to it. it was really good. highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?