Friday, September 17, 2010

Diddy Riese @ Los Angeles

I remember when I first arrived at UCLA, and then heard about Diddy Riese. I could not believe that you could get an ice cream sandwich for $1. Two giant cookies of your own choosing, and a giant scoop of ice cream, also of your own choosing - sandwiched together. It was magical. The ice cream sandwich was HUGE. How could it only be $1? It must be a front for some money laundering place, it has to be, what else could be the explanation? I also found my other love at the place, two cookies (preferably chocolate chip cookies) and a carton of non-fat milk, also only for $1! Great! This deal lasted for about two years, and then they had to up the ice cream sandwich to $1.25, because of increase cost of Dreyer's ice cream, but my combo was still only $1! Well after three years since graduating UCLA, I head back to the old hang out, and it's all $1.50. More expensive than I remember, and sure a good deal for anyone else, but it's disappointing. But it tastes just the same! I wasn't allowed to take pictures inside, so it reaffirms my idea that it's a front for a money laundering place. Hmp...ideas?



Traditional Ice Cream Sandwich 
[white chocolate macadamia nut cookie with cookies 'n cream ice cream]

 Two Chocolate Chip Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?