Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Street Takoyaki @ Hong Kong (North Point)

FINALLY!!! I've been eying vendors all around Hong Kong making these delicious morsels, and each time my stomach was either filled or we were on our way to some meal, so I couldn't eat it. But this time I was determined, I didn't care what was going on in my stomach or what was gonna happen. I needed me some TAKOYAKI! Apparently I picked a great place to go, according to Uncle 1. And the chef took his sweet time making 6 of these delights. That's ok by me! There was a lot of love. He first poured the batter, added octopus in each one, added scallion and onions. Then he slowly made the takoyaki into balls, he rotated the little guys and cooked fully. About 15 minutes later, VOILA. Then he added japanese mayo, okomi sauce, bonito flakes and seaweed. Omg....THE BEST I'VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE. For reals. Or I'd go to Japan and try the real deal over there. I shared 6 of my little guys: 1 to mom, 1 to Uncle 1 and 1 to Auntie 1. That meant three all to myself. It was a tease and just scratched the surface of my craving...definitely coming back next time. I hope it's still there!





starting the flip...

look!!!
perfect round morsels...

15 minutes later!!! YESSS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?