Monday, April 5, 2010

Pastelaria Koi Kei @ Macau

Ready? Best PORTUGUESE EGG TART! Omg! Walked by and while everyone headed straight for the beef and pork jerky I knew what I wanted immediately. I wanted the tart! The nice, fresh, hot tart that was sitting in the oven! Give me! Price $6HKD, which means less than $1USD. It's WAY better than Golden Gate Bakery in San Francisco, and for less too, which is amazing. It was better than the Portuguese Tart that I had in the morning while still in Hong Kong. Let me explain:

Custard was creamy, it was sweet, it had the perfect "creme brulee" touch to the custard, it was warm, it was goey, it was PERFECT.

Crust was my favorite part. It was flaky, it was buttery, it was salty which complemented the sweet custard really well, and well it just all melted in your mouth.

I think I could have eaten 10 of these easily, but let's not be a fatty right?


Portuguese Egg Tarts
ready for you mouth, just say ahhh!

It's about to go into my mouth. it looks pretty normal, nothing amazing right? but it's deceptive really, because the moment it pops into your mouth it's like the fat lady that sings....wow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?