Friday, April 2, 2010

Chung Kee Dessert @ Hong Kong (Sham Sui Po)

One thing that's GREAT about Hong Kong is that there's always food any time of the night, and not just any kind of food, but really great and delicious food. Why is it so tasty? I think it's because there's a turn around on things. Headed over to Sham Sui Po for some dessert and went to Chung Kee because my cousin Angel told me that I had to eat there during my trip. Boy was this place busy! It was packed with people having dessert at 11:30pm, and I don't think it closes until 3am. Insane. Of course the menu was in Chinese, but thankfully I was with my familia and they kindly translated for me. There was everything on the menu, and if you think Golden Island is good, THINK AGAIN!



Menu - one page

Sesame Paste Dumplings w. Crumbled Peanuts
wowzers! best i've ever had! the glutinous exterior was so thin and didn't take forever for me to chew. love love love the sesame paste on the inside too

Mango w. Sago-Seeds and Milk
ok i have to admit that this was quite interesting. the first bite was good, it's like wow it's crunchy, and then after awhile, especially since i was getting full, it got annoying. it's like sago with crunchy seeds on the inside, so you had to fully bite it and then swallow. the mango was fresh and the milk added to the taste. i think i would have preferred if they gave me a smaller bowl, too much chewing needed


Red Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?