Friday, April 9, 2010

Fat Siu Lau @ Macau

Portuguese-Chinese Food! Guess what my favorite is? Portuguese Chicken! What is Portuguese-Chinese food? It's like American Food done the Hong Kong way. When you go to Hong Kong Cafe's they do pastas, but with a Chinese/Hong Kong twist, they do fried chicken but way more tastier and they do steaks...which are so-so compared to American steaks. Portuguese-Chinese is the same. It's Chinese food with a Portuguese influence, and it's tasty too!

Fat Siu Lau was the only restaurant in this alley that actually looked presentable, and clean inside. I was quite surprised. Walked in and it's this small restaurant and looked quite fancy. The lights were dim, there was table cloths on the table and actually nice tables and chairs. The menu was written in: Portuguese, Chinese and English. Works for me! I can read English :) The food was pretty good, I love love love my Portuguese Chicken, and what would have made it better was if I had some rice, but no one wanted to share a bowl with me. My favorite dish was the Squab (aka pigeon) it was the BEST I've had in years. Bar none. Promise. I'd go back to this place just for the squab.

Sopa de Rabo de Bou
[ox tail soup]

Ameijoas Saltedadas Com Molho de Tomate Picante
[sauteed clams in a spicy tomato sauce]
very tasty. it was a very robust flavor and the clams absorbed it well

Crispy Bun!
i saved it so i could dip it in my portuguese chicken and lemme tell you....DELICIOUS!

Stewed Veggies

Caril de Caranguejo
[curry crab Portuguese style]

Pombo Assado
[superb roasted pigeon marinated after our over 1000 years secret recipe]
the best squab i've ever tasted!

Gralinha a Portuguesa
[Tender chicken baked to perfection in a coconut curry]
my favorite! it may not look that appetizing, but it was delicious. the curry is unlike most asian curry's which is super spicy. the fact that it lacked spice didn't make this dish untasty at all, there were some other spices in it. best par it was like a "real" chicken with bones and all, and not just random chicken breast parts. ultimate nomnomnoms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?