Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pizzeria Uno's @ Chicago

While it was Penguin's first time in Chicago, it's only customary to have Chicago style pizza! With all the options out there, where does one find THE pizza. Of course people will tell you what their fav places are and it ranges from Giordano's to Lou Malnati's. Well, after some extensive research and help from fellow Chicagans we decided on Pizzeria Uno's. Now you shouldn't confuse yourself with "Uno Pizzeria" the chain that is spread throughout the United States. No. Pizzeria Uno's is one of a kind, there is no chain, and while they do have a counterpart "due" that's two blocks away, but I was told that it is not as good as the original.

It's a tiny little restaurant that's super busy. It takes about 1 hour to make the deep dish pizza and the wait for a table is 30-45 minutes. What they do is that when you leave your name for a table, they take your order there immediately to speed up the process. So by the time you have your table, you only have to wait another 20-30 minutes for the pizza to arrive.

40 minutes later we got our table, 10 minutes later we got our caesar salad, and another 20 minutes later we got the pizza! I didn't think we could finish it but we did. It was the BEST PIZZA I'VE EVER HAD! The ingredients were super fresh, as was the mozarella and the best part was the crust. I don't think I've ever had a crust like that, it was buttery and flaky. I really wanted to dunk it into ranch dressing (yes it's something we Californian's like to do), but I resisted my urge to do so and enjoyed the pizza as is. And it really was perfect. I don't know how to completely explain how great it was, but in the back of my head, the taste still lingers. Next time I go to Chicago again, it's Pizzeria Uno's it is!



Caesar Salad
panda loved it! i think this is his favorite caesar salad, and it's because it was super cheesy. crouton's weren't too good, they were huge and too hard. 

Uno's Specialty
I don't quite remember what this was called (Panda has informed me that it's called the Numero Uno), but it was topped with pepperoni, mushrooms, onions and bell pepper. Amazing...

omg nom nom noms...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?