Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Squeeze Inn @ Sacramento

Straight from Diners, Drive Inns and Dives! Squeeze Inn is truly something that Sacramento has to offer that I don't think any where else does. It's known for it's Squeeze Burger with cheese which comes with this "cheese skirt"  that basically spews out from the burger. The cheese is massive and it's crunchy and goey at the same time. I've seen how they make it, and when the burger is just about done, they put handfuls upon handfuls of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the patties, place a lid over it and wait for the steam to melt it all. The burger comes with: lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, mayo and mustard. It takes a big feat to finish it, and if you want fries I recommend sharing it with someone because you will not be able to eat it all.

I've been here twice in one month, which isn't recommended because I think the caloric intake is more than your weekly allotment - yes that crazy. So the first time I was here, the burger was AMAZING. It was cooked prefect. The patty was juicy, there was a good balance between mayo and mustard, and the bun was crispy. This is what lead me to want to come again and show my friends the amazingness. However, the second time, the burger was more dry and I felt that the bun was stale...it was just too dry. Maybe it was off, or maybe the first time I went was as off day. I'm not sure. Regardless of the two trips the consistency is the cheese skirt..amazing. How do you eat it? You tear the cheese off and start munching at it like chips or you can sandwich it between fries and make your own cheese fries. YES!

Be ware that if you come during lunch hour the wait is long, but if you come at 1pm on a Friday it's still long! On a good day it takes 30 minutes to order your food and for it to be ready. Time accordingly!


Small little kitchen

The Griddle; Underneath is the lid is the cheese melter
Assembly Line

Someone ordered cheesy fries

Line of burgers ready to be served!!

French Fries

My First Burger during first trip
look at the cheese skirt on that burger!

Second Burger - it really doesn't look as tasty as the first one! 
what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?