Monday, January 18, 2010

Shabu @ Sacramento

Japanese fondue!!!! So that sounds really fancy no? Well I suppose it's just a fancy was of saying Japanese Hot Pot or Shabu Shabu. Sacramento really needed something that's unique like Shabu. The decor is simple and the food was really good, and prices reasonable! Ducky and I ordered teh $27 meal for two, which basically consisted of: two big plates of veggies, two plates of kobe beef, two sets of dipping sauces, two bowls of rice, two soups, two bowls of rice and two green tea ice cream. A really good deal! We ate all the food, and I was full for hours. They also have an all you can eat option for $30, or an all you can eat and drink deal for $40! I don't know how much I could have possibly ate on top of what we already ordered, so I don't know if the all you can eat would be a good deal for me. Regardless, I like this way better than Korean BBQ, I know it sounds serious right? I think it's because I eat a good amount of vegetables, and it's not all oily so I don't feel guilty for eating greasy food. The soup was really good, and this place is just good on a cold day, which it has been in Sac. I definitely want to come back soon!

Spicy Miso
i loved this soup! look at the chilis! there was a right amount of kick, and the best thing is that whatever i cooked in here, the food tasted like it too! yummmmmmo!

Shoyu
also tasty! ducky had this one :)

Condiuments to go into the dipping sauces...
garlic, scallions and grated turnip

Ponzu & Seasame-Type-Sauce
the turnip goes into the ponzu sauce, and the garlic and scallions go into the seasame-type-sauce. i don't remember what it's called, but it's made with dashi, miso, seasame paste and something else. this sauce was definitely the favorite, it was full of flavor and complimented the meat and veggies very well!

Veggie Platter
[napa cabbage, spinach, carrot, tofu, shitaki mushroom, enoki mushrooms and udon]
look at all the vegetables! huge plate, and it's a good variety too. all very tasty in the spicy miso broth

Kobe Beef
doesn't look like a lot on this plate...but there are layers! the beef was really good...really tender, and i love the marbelization on it!

Bowl of Rice
rice is good when it soaks up all the flavors from everything

Sizzling Pot
nom nom nom nom

Udon w. Napa Cabbage, Kobe Beef and Spicy Miso Broth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?