Monday, January 18, 2010

Romano's Pizzeria @ Riverside

I don't think I post much on pizza on this blog do I? I think it's because I either don't eat much pizza (I do like it) or when I do it's nothing beyond your average Costco or Round Tables. Anyways, Panda and I headed over to Riverside a few weekends ago to have dinner with my cousin who goes to UCR. Never have been to Riverside, so wasn't sure what to expect. I did all my "food" research that I could, and I wasn't able to find much. A lot of chain restaurants, and I'm not a big fan of them. I always like to try something new and different. Anyways, pizza is always a safe choice so we stumbled upon Romano's Pizzeria which is known for it's Chicago style pizza, i.e. the stuffed pizza. I've never been to Chicago, and it's definitely on my list of places to visit so I can eat, but Panda said that the pizza at Romano was pretty close to what he had in Chicago. The pizza was good, and one slice was definitely enough for me...it's super dense and cheesy. I'm actually a little hungry now...haha maybe too much blogging!

Bruschetta
this was really good!! the bread was toasted perfectly, and there was a good amount of tomatoes, and onions on it. it was well dressed in a balsamic vinagrette. yumm!

Romano's Combo
[pepperoni, sausage, ham, green bell peppers, onions and mushrooms]
look how dense it is! you can't even see what's inside of it because of the sauce and cheese. regardless it was really good, and i was starved and one slice was enough to fill my tummy. next time i gotta go to chicago for the real deal!

this is one slice, and a medium has 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?