Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I went into major procrastination mode during finals week, so much that I decided to bake! Chocolate chip cookies, YUM! Now I've always wanted to make cookies that are like Mrs. Fields, or similar to the cookies from pillsbury in the refrigerator aisle, and even when I follow the Nestle recipe, doesn't turn out the way I want. Let me explain, I like for them to be softy, and chewy. So I tried again with this The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER! recipe that I received from one of the blogs that I followed. The cookies were good, but it still wasn't what I was looking for. Maybe it's because I don't use shortening....but ick! Why use it? Anyways the cookies were still good, and I may have burnt the bottoms a little. Oh well...try more next time!
Recipe

INGREDIENTS:

2 sticks of salted butter, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 1/2 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp. vanilla extract

3 cups (12 oz) all-purpose flour *If at all possible, please weigh the flour

1 tsp. smallish-medium coarse sea salt *please do not use table salt, the sea salt gives the cookies a nice flavor and hints of texture.

1 tsp. baking soda

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

2 cups/16 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips *I use Nestle Toll-House

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 360 degrees. Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until it is nice and fluffy (approx. 5 minutes on medium speed on a K-5). Add both eggs and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour until cookie batter is fully incorporated. Finally add chocolate chips until well distributed. The cookie batter should be somewhat thick. Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough or use a medium cookie scoop and plop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are nice and golden brown. Remove from heat and allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet for an additional 2 minutes. Pick up the parchment paper with the cookies still on top and transfer to a cool non-porous surface. Allow the cookies to cool on the paper for at least 3 minutes before serving.

Cookie Dough
sadly i never got into the cookie dough business...i never ate it raw

Dough on the Pan

Voila!!!

Lots and Lots of Cookies...

yummmmmo! look at the melted chocolate! you know you wanted some!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?