Monday, January 4, 2010

Mel's Diner @ San Francisco

I think you all know that my favorite burger is the mushroom burger, and I'm always looking for a burger that can match the best that I've had, the one at Mel's Diner. Well I can't believe that I've never blogged about Mel's Diner, since it is hands down the BEST mushroom burger ever, yes ever better than Burgers and Brew in Sacramento. I've been going to Mel's for mushroom burger since I was about 5 years old, and it is definite the all time comfort food. I don't know what they do with the burger to make it so amazing, but it is great. While I have told others about this place and the wonderfulness of the mushroom burger, others have not jumped on the bandwagon. So it is quite possible that it is just nostalgia for me...but regardless whenever I go to Mel's it's a mushroom burger, nothing else. Medium rare, with lettuce, tomato and a light spread of mayo...split right down the middle.....

Mushroom Burger
[burger patty, grilled mushrooms, jack cheese...]

...all assembled...

Twisty Fries

Onion Rings
really good onion rings too. it's all about the batter, and these onion rings have a crumbled batter to them...so it's not just "fried" there's a delish texture to it. the onions are cooked perfect inside, where they are still juicy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?