Sunday, August 16, 2009

Maxim's Cafe @ Rowland Heights

Typical HK Style food, which basically comprises of chinese food mixed with american, hence the spaghetti dishes and club sandwiches. This is where Panda likes to get his Baked Pork Chop Over Rice when he's back home, and the food here is pretty decent. If you want authetic HK Style food and you're in the Diamond Bar/Rowland Heights area then this is a must. However, I do have my norcal taste buds, and I don't think this compares to what I can find in norcal. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if we didn't order so much food, ha!

There was TONS of food that night, and it just kept coming. I hope I can remember what each dish was, because it has been about over a week since we ate there, and this Penguin has had many meals after that.

HK Style Milk Tea

Chinese Corn Chowder
had about 5 corn kernels per bowl...ha

Stir Fried Beef w/ Onion and Tomato Rice
I think this is what it was called. all i remmeber was that the beef was uber tender

Baked Seafood over Spaghetti
[shirmp, scallops, fish, squid, and mushrooms]
this is one of those weird hk style dishes. too creamy for my taste

Baked Pork Chop over Rice
panda's favorite!!!!!

Chinese Broccoli with garlic
tres delicious

Salt & Pepper Fried Calamari
a little too chewy

Seafood Udon
too peppery...and udon was too mushy..hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?