Sunday, August 2, 2009

Kitchen Sink Pho @ my home

I decided to save some money and looked in the fridge to see what there was to eat. There were left over vermicelli noodles from the other day we made the cold viet spring rolls, red leaf lettuce and meat. That's enough for kitchen sink pho! I knew we had some instant pho broth in the cabinet, so I boiled some water and add about two tablespoons of the instant pho into the water. I had one tomato, cut it up and put it in the water. I let it boiled for about 15 minutes, so all the flavors and juices from the tomato would mesh with the pho broth. There was left over roasted duck in the fridge, so I popped that into the oven to make it all crispy again. Well...less than 30 minutes later, I had a nice bowl of pho...hmmm really good.

Kitchen Sink Pho
[broth = instant beef pho broth with tomatoes, red leaf lettuce on bottom, vermicelli noodles, and mint leaves]

Roasted Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?