Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dumpling House @ Monterey Park

For a place that's called Dumpling House, the dumplings really weren't that great. I've definitely had better, and it seems that the trend in socal is that what is considered "amazing" asian/chinese food really isn't that great, especially comparing to San Francisco. I do have to say that the dishes were uber cheap, and for feeding a group of 5, the total was less than $30, and we were definitely full. So, if you want some dumplings and have less than $10 on you, you can definitely order 3 dishes and be full.

Chive Pancake
chewy...onion..salty...crispy...and oh yea...oh so delicious! you could press it between napkins to take some oil out, but why remove the flavor at the same time?

Shanghai Pan Fried Noodles
this was ok...not that great...needed some spice to it :P
Pan Fried Green Beans w/ salty veggies
this was GREAT! i kept munching on them like they were fries/chips...a healthy version too might i add

Pot Stickers
I've definitely have had better, and I'm sure you have too. Needed to be more crispy on the outside

Xiao Long Bao "Shanghai Steamed Dumplings"
this was ok...not the worse I've had, but definitely not the best. It was wrapped well where when you bit into the juices came out, but I still have to say the best dumplings are in New York @ Joe's Shanghai, a must I have to say if you're there. Will post pics from there the next time I'm in that part of the country

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?