Sunday, August 30, 2009

Marketplace @ Atlantis

Since being on the meal plan, we learned that "breakfast" can easily translate to "lunch," and what I mean by this is that "breakfast" ends at 12pm :) Our first breakfast at Atlantis was at Marketplace Buffet which is conveniently located in the Royal Towers, where we stayed. A buffet for breakfast cost $25 dollars, and remember we were on a meal plan that was $69/person per day, so there goes about half the cost of the meal plan. The buffet was AMAZING, so much variety, and the food was so fresh. There were four omelet stations, and you could have: bacon, ham, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and more! The omelet station also translated to a "fried egg" station where you could request over-easy or medium eggs, which Panda and I did. There was a fresh griddle where they were making pancakes and french toasts continuously. I do have to say that the pancakes were good because not only were there buttermilk pancakes, there was blueberry and chocolate chip. To top it off there was HOT syrup, and powdered sugar. There was a wide selection of breads: toast, bagel, croissant, english muffins. There was smoked salmon where you can make lox and bagel (capers - which i don't like, tomatoes and red onions). There was your typical breakfast items such as scrambled eggs, amazing, bacon and sausage links, there was corned beef and hash, quiche...and some other things I wasn't too keen on, so I don't remember. There were so many pastries! Chocolate chip muffins, banana muffins, cranberry muffins, bear claws, donuts, chocolate chip cookies, bread pudding, waffles...and so much more...because I really don't remember. There was fresh fruit, yogurt and cereal. Gosh...so much food. Needless to say we ate there everyday for breakfast during our stay.

To top it off, to stage off our hunger until dinner, and of course being good asians, and learning tons from my dorm years at UCLA, we packed things "to-go" as well. I brought back cereal, yogurt, cookies and pastries back to our room. It was all very handy when we were starved after a full day at the pool, and dinner was still a few hours away (late reservations.)

I only took pictures on my first day at the buffet, after that I just went straight into eating because I was really excited.

Panda's favorite concotion at the Buffet was: toast and fried egg, he would have a side of bacon and sausage links, and biscuits and gravy.

Penguin's favorite concotion, and I have to give credit to my uncle was: toasted english muffin til really TOASTY, cream cheese, smoked salmon, tomato and red onions. My uncle eventually went further and added a fried egg to it...it looked good, but I wasn't that daring ;)

One of 3 seating areas


Quiche, Corned Beef & Hash, Bacon, Sausage Links

Lox and Bagel Station

Giant Griddle for pancakes and french toast

Partial View of Pastries Station

My First Plate
[eggs benedic, scrambled eggs, sausage link, and bacon]
i am the type of buffet eater that does not believe in loading my plate like there's no tomorrow. i believe that buffets are made so that i can eat as much as i can fit, but that doesn't mean that the foods need to touch in an uncomfortable way. this is my first plate on the first day, i was simply "sampling." i soon learned that the eggs benedict sucked, so i never got it again, but the scrambled eggs were really good, because it tasted like they used real eggs not the imitation stuff out of a bag (remember the dorms?) and the bacon and sausage was to DIE for. i believe this was my first of 4 plates of that morning? yes i can GRUB!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?