Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Not So Instant Ramen @ my home

I love ramen like any other asian kid, and like any other asian kid I do not eat "Cup of Noodles" (very rarely at least...I have to be starved), but I most definitely do NOT EAT Top Ramen OR Maruchan. Those DEFINTELY taste like plastic if not cardboard. I have been spoiled with instant noodles (ramen) where the a package costs around 80-90 cents each, and I like to add either pan fried egg, vegetables and pork/beef/fish balls. Instant noodles are not the healthiest thing to eat, it's high in carbs and the makers actually fry the noodles before placing it in the package, so there's obviously a lot of oil. My Aunt Debbie once told me that if you blanch the noodles in water once, and then boil another pot of water, and then add the seasoning, it'll be tons healthier. Of course the sacrafice is flavor...but add hot sauce ;)

this package has inari included

Ramen w/ inari, 2 dodo fish balls, and shrimp balls with roe from Ranch 99, mixed with hot sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?