Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Izumiya @ SF (Japantown)

Brent picked me up for lunch today and we headed over to Japantown for some okonomiyaki. I've never had any from Japan, but this is by far the best...or the only I've ever had :P I have been going to this place since i was lil...delish! For those of you who don't know what okonomiyaki is, it's basically japanese for "as you like it," or it is also known as japanese pizza or pancake. It generally is a mixture of cabbage, beef/pork/shrimp/squid, dashi, and egg. It gets grilled, takes about 15-20 minutes to cook through. It's topped with delish okomi sauce and mayo - japanese mayo. I've made this once last year in NY :D


Okonomiyaki w/ California Roll
[one of the few places that still uses real crab for cali rolls]


Mix Modern Yaki (spin on okonomiyaki)
[Bottom layer is an okonomiyaki, topped with pan fried yaki soba, topped with fried egg, and finished w/ okomi sauce, japanese mayo, ginger, scallion, and corn]
oh yea and i ate it all! but...felt sick afterwards, too much food

3 comments:

  1. I really want to make this haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Okonomiyaki and I don't think it exists in San Jose. =.=

    ReplyDelete
  3. that "mix modern yaki" looks truly god-awful. way to ruin a bunch of perfectly good dishes by cramming them all together in a stack. how typically american.

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to eat this?