Friday, June 26, 2009

Birds Nest Dessert @ my home

Birds Nest. No it is not twigs, grass and bugs, but yet it is a birds actual nest. More specifically, it is the spit that a special bird uses to make its nest, and this bird is a swallow. It is a very special bird that can only be found in certain areas and the nest is very difficult to get. It is a delicacy and tres expensive. It sounds gross, but trust me it is DELICIOUS! My mom tells me it's really good for your health, and like most things she tells me to eat, it'll make you "beautiful." My mom made this the other night by soaking the birds nest, cracking the coconut open and taking the "meat" out and blending the coconut "meat" up. She then proceeded to add milk into this giant pot, and placed the pot inside a pot to "steam" or some term I don't know in English ("jing"). She added the birds nest into the milk, and then added rock sugar, and when it was almost done the blended coconut. It took about 2 hours. I like it cold, she likes it warm.

32 birds nest per box


Birds Nest in Milk w/ rock sugar & coconut
creamy


spoon full of birds nest

bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?