Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kara's Cupcakes @ Ghiradelli Square

I'm a devoted Sprinkle's Cupcakes follower, and to this day I have yet to find anything that matches amazing-ness that is Sprinkles. Yes, some might ask "but why? It's not even that great, it's such a big hype and all for nothing." That is simply just not true, Sprinkle's is magic, it is buttery, it is creamy, it is heavenly, it is melt-in-your-mouth, and dare I say it...it is orgasmic. I've tried Magnolia's in NYC, and that place is definitely a hype (I waited 45 minutes and was utterly disappointed). I've tried cupcakes at Dylan's Candy Bar, and as "huge" and "pretty" as the cupcake was, it was a total waste of $4. I've tried Crumbs in NYC, still nada. Then this weekend I decided to try Kara's Cupcakes in SF, which I heard is the Sprinkle's in SF. This was all lies, utter lies. It was definitely better than Magnolia's and Crumbs (Dylan's was a failure, and doesn't even deserved to be mentioned more than failing at cupcake life), but it was not better than Sprinkle's nor does it come close to it! First off, it's the same price ($3.25) but it's smaller, and has less frosting. Cupcakes are suppose to have the "muffin" top where it looks like a mushroom, and the frosting is supposed to spread ALL over the top of the cupcake. Nada. I tried the vanilla chocolate, because the vanilla milk chocolate at Sprinkle's is my abs. fav and is the test of whether a cupcake is worthy. While it was good, it was missing the last "umfh" that Sprinkle's does have, and I would wait in line for 30 minutes in the sweltering sun on Small Little Santa Monica in Los Angeles.

Vanilla Chocolate

Chocolate Velvet, Rasberry Dazzle, Chocolate, Vanilla Chocolate
box to take home to the fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?