Saturday, October 31, 2009

Cho Dang Tofu @ Sacramento

The other week this penguin wasn't feeling so hot, and feeling sniffly actually. I wanted some soup and comfort food. It might also be because the weather has been cooling down dramatically, and it calls for some noodle soup, porridge, and just plain soup in general. Cho Dang Tofu House completely hit the spot. This place was hard to find, while it is on Folsom Blvd., it's not "really" on it, you have to turn into a parking lot where there are shops further in. When I first walked in, I was like, "wow this place looks legit, it looks straight out of some korean person's kitchen." And what I mean by this is that it didn't look like a restaurant at all, no "furnishings" that has the "eating out" look, such as fancy tables, chairs, paintings etc. It was homey. I knew what I wanted immediately and it was tofu soup. But I was also starved, since I was waiting for rice rocket, because he just took is sweet time! But it was well worth it because for $15.99 I got pork tofu soup and bbq ribs (kabli). I definitely want to come back here, the problem is convincing others to go with me because it's a little out of the way (off of watt exit on the 50). [i'm not good with korean names so i'm not going to try to say what things really are in the native tongue :P]

Complimentary Small Plates

Pork Tofu Soup
this was amazing...so good for my throat, and so warm on a cold day. crack an egg in it...let it simmer while it cooks it through. stir. stir. stir. i made the mistake of being over zealous and didn't estimate how hot it was. i place a spoon full in my mouth and it BURNED. but really good. so some people like to add this to their bowl of rice, i kind of eat it like soup, and when it gets to salty i eat some rice. the problem is if i add it to rice, there's not enough rice for me. and i like to keep rice down to one bowl...no more. delish.

BBQ Ribs (kalbi)
this was actually really good and i was impressed. the meat was partially fatty so it had delicious flavor. it was well marinated and cooked. tasty.

BBQ Beef (bulgolgi)
not too shabby...i loved my soup and ribs though.

next time i will try the cold buckwheat noodle soup, and if they have it kimchi fried rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?