Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Steamed Fresh Chicken, Fish Cake in Bell Peppers, Eggplants and Jalapenos & Roasted Pork Bell @ my home

So all summer I was home, and that meant lots of good food as you can see from my earlier posts on this blog. One thing that's great about going to school not too far from home, is that I can go home whenever I want for a good meal! My mom usually makes the best food when I go home, and I think it's because I appreciate her food the most :D yummy in my tummy!!!!

Steamed Fresh Chicken
this is my favorite! believe it or not i can eat half of it by myself. basically take a whole chicken and throw it in a pot of water for 30-45 minutes, there is some kind of technique to it...i just don't know the details. i like to dip it into fish sauce, but with scallion and ginger sauce is good too!

Fish Cake in Bell Peppers, Eggplants and Jalapenos
bell peppers and eggplants were freshly picked from the garden in my sac home (my aunts grow them) and the fish cake my mom had her co-worker make for her. it consisted of fish, dried scallops and shrimp...very fresh smelling and fragrant. stuffed the fish cake mixture into the vegetables and pan fried! oh so juicy!!!

Roasted Pork Belly
so you know the roasted pork that you buy at chinese deli's, the one where the whole pig just hangs by the front door? well my mom made it! on a much smaller version, and way tastier! she marinaded it with "five spice" flavors, and you take a fork/knife and start poking at the pork belly's skin - this creates the "crispy-ness" preheat oven to 475, and cook for 45 minutes or so, until you start to notice that the skin begins to bubble. let it stand in the oven for another 20 minutes. voila!!!

way better than the stuff you buy at the deli - this one is juicy, crunchy, and a nice salty and savory flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?