Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mama Ann's @ El Dorado Hills

For those of you who don't know, although this Penguin is from the big city of San Francisco, and goes to school in Sacramento, she actually lives in suburbia. A place called El Dorado Hills which is about 25 minutes east of Sacramento. Like most suburbs there is plenty of chain restaurants and not much personality with regard to its cuisine. In the Town Center there is your average establishments; subway, cold stone, chilis, bistro 33, starbucks etc. So you can understand my surprise when I saw this cute italian deli - Mama Ann's! I thought it was going to be uber special, and uber delicious! I was wrong...and disappointed. I was starved that day, so everything I ate should have tasted amazing right? Nope..didn't happen.

I ordered the Big Pauly, which is basically a pastrami sandwich. I asked which sandwich I should have the Pauly or Paisano. They recommended the Pauly to me, because apparently they had really good pastrami meat. Well let me tell you...it was no Submarine Center from San Francisco. The pastrami was dry and didn't have enough flavor. The bread wasn't good...it wasn't toasted. And the romaine lettuce was lacking...there was no crunch, no crisp...sigh. Needed more tomatoes too!!! Ok I might give this place another try since it's so close to me, and I'll actually try the Paisano. If it fails the next time, then it's gameover. Btw bonus is that it has the Arancia Pellegrino, which I love.

Big Pauly
[Hot Pastrami, Swiss Cheese, Dijon Mustard, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions, Pepperoncinis on Pane Roll]
i added mayo to it, and still it wasn't there for me. compare this to sub center please, and tell me which one definitely looks more delicious! sigh

1 comment:

Do you want to eat this?