Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Burgers & Brew @ Sacramento

I know...I know...I didn't even think it could be possible to find a place in Sacramento that is worthy of going to after the initial try. But seriously, Burgers & Brew, is an amazing eat and it could quite possibly be the BEST place to get a burger in Sacramento.

The first time I went to Burgers & Brew (they don't have a website, but here's yelp) was back during the end of Spring Semester. Me and a few friends went to the one at Davis, because they didn't have a restaurant in Sacramento yet. Let me tell you, a nice fat juicy burger before property with a nice cold beer is a great meal. I ordered the Mushroom Burger, and I was like WOW. Up until that point, the best mushroom burger I've ever had was at Mel's Diner in San Francisco. While the mushroom burger at Burgers & Brew was pretty scrumptious, it still didn't compare to Mel's Diner (Mel's and I go way back...to about when I was 5...and it brings nostalgia feelings to me). The mushroom burger at Burgers & Brew was huge, juicy, not too oily, meaty and had all the amazing fixings. It had the right cheese - swiss, and the mushrooms were sauteed. There were sauteed onions, and topped with lettuce and tomato, like a real burger should. The bun...well it was home made, or at least it felt like it. It was not too soft, but it had a nice bite to it. I could fit it all in my mouth!! My indication of this amazingness burger is that I crave it from time to time. If I crave the food, then it's a definite repeat...need I say more?

Mushroom Burger w. Seasoned Fries
i dipped the fries in ranch dressing....it makes it even that much better! they also have curly fries and onion rings for additional charge. oh yea...if you want to be health conscious, you can get a side salad, but why do that? you're eating a burger already, you might as well go the full distance!

look at that masterpiece! look at the beef patty! look at the thickness of the cheese! look at all those mushrooms! are you drooling yet?

1 comment:

  1. oh! I went here recently and had the exact same burger. It was great -- just didn't love the bun....

    ReplyDelete

Do you want to eat this?