Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pangaea Cafe @ Sacramento

Simply one of the tastiest sandwiches eaten near school is Pangaea Cafe. This place surely does take its time making sandwiches, but it is definitely worth it. I had the first sandwich two weeks ago when a fellow classmate suggested it. I ordered the Club Sandwich on Sourdough Bread. I once read somewhere that if you must order "white" bread order sourdough because it takes your stomach more time to break it down, and it will keep you fuller for longer. I had the craving for the same sandwich last week and just had to have it!

Club sandwich on sourdough bread, no mustard and no onions. Thanks :) It took about 10 minutes to do, and the reason being is that not only is there one person manning the register, making the drinks, and making the sandwiches, but each sandwich is made with much care and love. yes. I saw him making my sandwich, toasting the bread, heating up the bacon slices, and i asked (in my Lydia way - if you know what i mean) for extra tomatoes. He happily obliged, and let me tell you it was DELICIOUS! Fresh tomato, juicy...and just complements everything else oh so well! This sandwich was actually better from Mama Ann's...wow.

The Club
[turkey, bacon, cheese (forgot what kind), lettuce, tomato, mayo, and pickles all on toasted sourdough bread]
i ate and enjoyed every bite...until my stomach hurt because it was oh so good. i don't know why, but it all just melds really well together. i hate sandwiches that stuff so much meat into it, that i can't even put my mouth over it. i also hate it when the bread is so crunchy that it hurts the roof of my mouth and my jaw after wards. none of this happened to this sandwich. my tummy was happy. veryy happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?