Friday, December 31, 2010

Bee Desserts @ NYC

Randomly strolled into Bee Desserts after having dinner at A Salt and Battery, luckily it was just down the block because the rain started to pour down and then it proceeded to hail. Apparently they're known for their honey cakes, so obviously we ordered one, but they just ran out and we had to wait 30 minutes for a new batch. We weren't in a rush to go anywhere, so we ordered some other stuff and waited.

When the honey cake made it, it really wasn't that amazing. I've had better regular cakes, so I didn't see how it could be that famous and how it sold out. I didn't taste any great "honey" flavor, and honestly I didn't like the cake batter that they used. But that's just me. I did however did like their regular cake, the strawberry one, because it wasn't too sweet, the cake was nice and spongy and I loved the fresh strawberry preserved they used. It was fresh and light. I'd go back just for that - pass on the honey cake. Thanx.

 Strawberry cake
my fav. nice, air and fluffy. fresh preserves


 packaging of honey cake








Marshmallow Honey Cake
if you must eat a honey cake, eat this one. it tastes almost like a smore, and that's because of the marshamalllowy layer 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?