Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tony's Pizza Napoletana @ SF

**note**
Pictures of food with my new Nikon P300, which makes the food POP and look even more delicious! It has a very cool food setting too. Let me know what you think :)

Tony's Pizza Napolentana

I came here a few months ago, and since then I was craving it because I did not think I had enough the first time.  Also, I really wanted the sicilian because it just looked so damn good when I looked at the other tables.  They don't take reservations, and there is always a wait. Food is good, fresh, and solid. 


Calamari
fresh and the batter is light. good way to start the meal because it starts the enzymes in your mouth for the rest of the carbs in the meal 

 Margherite Pizza
the world famous pizza! there's only so many per day, and it is good. the tomato sauce is sweet and zesty. only complaint is that the crust does not stand on it's own, i.e. when you pick it up it droops down, which is something that does not happen with ny pizza. maybe it is the water over there that gives the dough more foundation

 i don't remember what it was called, but it had prosciutto, goat cheese, romaine and balsamic vinegar. this dough was more thick than the margarite. my fav part was the goat cheese because it was so full of flavor and oh so creamy despite the balsamic


Spaghetti and Meatball
meh, nothing amazing and definitely would not come back for this dish

 Sicilian
my favorite! the crust was nice, thick and buttery. because of the deep dish pan, it's crusty too. every bite is orgasmic! the toppings are proportioned, and full of flavor. the pepperoni was spicy, and the salami was salty. this was even good the next night after heating it in the oven



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?