Saturday, June 5, 2010

Denver Biscuit Company @ Denver, CO

I do believe that this was the BEST MEAL EVER throughout the entire Road Trip. Chicago pizza was amazing as well and can't compare the two, so that's not included in my categorization. But everything else we ate on the trip after Denver Biscuit Company was compared to it. We really wish that the Biscuit Bus would come all the way to California, that would the best.

The service was amazing. I think they just opened for the day and the waitress was the sweetest girl ever. She explained to us who atomic cowboy was, the chef and all the goodies. We ordered the food, and I have to tell all of you, it was like heaven in my mouth. Panda and I both ordered The Franklin with Fried Egg, which is: buttermilk fried chicken, bacon, cheese, fried egg with sausage gravy. I don't think I've ever had a better breakfast sandwich in my life. I imagined that the sandwich would be something I could hold in my hand, boy was I wrong! My hands couldn't even fit around the thing! It was HUGE! We had to use a fork and knife. It would have been messy too because the sausage gravy was all over, but it was great.

Everything was perfect. The biscuit was moist itself and it didn't get soggy from either of the ingredients. The exterior stayed crusty while the interior was soft and buttery. The buttermilk fried chicken was the best, and it was chicken breast. It wasn't dry at all, it was juicy and flavorful. There was a nice piece of thick bacon and cheese. It didn't take over or anything, it was a nice compliment to the fried chicken, and as you bit into the whole thing all the flavors just meshed together. You know that fried egg adds to everything and it really did. I'm not even done yet, the sausage gravy! I could swim in it, I really could! Panda loved it, even though there was black pepper and he can't handle spicy. The sausage gravy was thick, it was flavorful, it was smooth, it was chunky, I don't know it was all those things. But everything added together, my taste buds danced! I'm so jealous of all the people in Denver that are right in the vicinity of this amazing restaurant. I wish one would open up in California, that would just be perfect. I guarantee that you'd make a lot of business too!

The chef was really sweet too, he gave us a fresh biscuit on the house. Fresh right out of the oven! It was warm, it was crusty on the outside and soft and buttery on the inside. I don't know how to explain it, but it was the best darn biscuit I've ever had. It was so good with their homemade jam too! My fav was the rasberry, it was a perfect amount of sweet and tartiness.

If you ever go to Denver this is a MUST!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to eat this?